Creating content is hard. I’m not going to sugar coat it and pretend like you can start a blog and get thousands of people calling you because they think you are brilliant. Content Marketing is a long journey of trial and error. The silver lining is that those errors actually help your marketing efforts because they prove accountability.
So what will help your content stand out? There are 2.73 million blog posts published each day so you better get to know your audience and what their interests are. Here are some findings we’ve compiled from hundreds of research articles that will help you shape your content.
- People want to be Involved and be in the know. Provide value to your readers and make them feel connected. A sense of belonging and the feeling of importance is very powerful. Keep in mind the attention span online and make your content easy to comprehend and actionable. Don’t misinterpret“easy to understand” for simple because complexity is neurologically necessary to make a memory.
- People like to talk about themselves. Whether it’s to let others what they like/dislike or more self-indulgent, you have to let your audience voice opinions and let them know they are being heard. When someone feels like they are being heard, they feel appreciated and appreciation leads to loyalty. Create content that identifies a reader, “do you,” “are you” titles tend to grab attention. Don’t stop at the title, position your content to help the reader identify with the content.
- People like people. The internet is all about connecting to others and social media channels only exist to create personal connections. When you produce content, try to end your post with a question that encourages comments or at the very least thought. When people consciously make an effort to relate their experience to your content they are more likely to remember the content.
- People like to be popular. The power of sharing is when you find something you can relate to and find interesting enough to share you get excited when someone likes, comments or shares the information you provided. As marketers we can relate to this more than anyone. We use all kinds of tools, trackers and analytics to see the engagement levels on our posts. Make sure your content makes your reader feel valuable.
- People share what they love. If you cannot connect to an emotion, you aren’t going to build a relationship because you’ll never earn the attention. People share and buy into what they trust and love. Make your readers fall in love.
How do you position your content to encourage your readers to take action?
Share with us here or on Twitter @idea_creative1
Check Out Our Blog