Have you been thinking about advertising on Facebook? From website conversions, post engagement, Likes, App Installs, Offer Claims, Local Awareness, Event Promotion to Video view, there is no shortage of ways to advertise on Facebook.
Facebook’s algorithms have changed over the past few years to increase the user experience by showing more of what the user engages with while using the app. This is great for users but makes reaching your audience through your business page a little harder. You will need to pay for ads to boost engagement to increase your reach.
- Page Post Engagement: Promote your Page posts
- Page Likes: Get Page likes to grow your audience and guild your brand
- Clicks to Websites: Get people to visit your website
- Website Conversions: Get people to perform certain actions on your site
- App Installs: Get people to install your mobile or desktop app
- App Engagement: Get people to use your desktop app
- Event Responses: Increase attendance at your event
- Offer Claims: Create offers for people to redeem in your store
Facebook ad campaigns are basically structured in three levels; campaign, Ad set and ad. To begin ad creation;
- Set Your Objective
- Decide Who to Target
- Set Your Pricing
- Add Your Images (Remember Ads may not include images with text that covers more than 20% of the image’s area.)
- Write Your Copy
- Select Your Placement
The two most used ad types on Facebook are; Promoted Post and Boosted Post.
Promoted Post: A post created specifically to use as an ad. Once promoted, your post will show up in users’ news feeds like a regular post. Your ad will start popping up in others News Feed with the word “Sponsored” under the name of your business page. You can use a specific tracking token on your website to inform you which leads are being generated from your promoted ad.
Boosted Post: An organic post from your Facebook business page that you invest in. Once you click “Boost” you can select your budget, target audience, and run dates. Once your Boost is approved, your post will be shown to a larger audience. Boosted Posts are designed to increase user engagement by reaching more of your existing fans.